- Bits and Bugs understands and appreciates that you, as an Bits and Bugs website visitor, are concerned about your privacy and about the confidentiality and security of information we may gain about you online. Bits and Bugs is committed to protecting your privacy. This Security and Privacy Statement explains how your personal information will be treated as you access and interact with the Bits and Bugs website.
- Our e-commerce system is secured by industry standard 128bit SSL Security.
- Your transaction is securely processed by eGate in ‘real-time’.Bits and Bugs website has a secure page hosted on our server so that the buyer submits all transaction details including their credit card details to our server that then communicates directly to the bank. Access to the ANZ eGate database is via the Merchant Administration System (MAS) that is password protected from unauthorised use. The (MAS) database itself is protected from the external network by bank standard firewall security and is protected from unauthorised internal access by stringent security protocols. Once your transaction has been processed a receipt is issued to you instantly.
- Alternatively you can select to pay with Paypal. PayPal is the safer, easier way to pay online without exposing your credit card number. Fraud protection is built in. To read more about Paypal security visit their website at www.paypal.com.au
- Bits and Bugs does not store your credit card details.
- The amount of information we collect about you depends on how you use the website and whether you elect to give us any information about yourself by becoming a registered Bits and Bugs customer or subscribing to our e-newsletters.
- We do not give out information about our customers and your personal details are protected by your user name and password and our secure servers. When you give us your credit card details, they are encrypted for additional security.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information, which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Your information is stored in secure servers that are protected in secure facilities. However, we are not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
- You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining confidentiality of any user name, password, profile and accounts used on the website. To ensure ongoing privacy we recommend you change your password from time to time, and never give your password to anyone.
- Should you wish to review or make any corrections to your personal information you can do this anytime by using the Update my Details function in the My Account section.
- Sometimes this Website contains links to other websites. When you access a website other than this Website, please understand that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
- Subject to the above provisions, by using Bits and Bugs website, you consent to the collection and use of information by us and the terms of this Privacy and Security statement.